Thursday, May 1, 2014

#10 Steak Tacos

Ramsay's daring twist on this Mexican street food. Japanese inspired with miso marinate, pickled veggies, and a mean wasabi sauce.

#10 Steak Tacos




Ingredients.
1 Sirloin Steak .........................30NT
2 Tortillas .................................10NT
Miso paste, rice vinegar ............3NT
Salt, pepper, chili. .....................3NT
Carrot, lettuce ..........................5NT
Sesame oil .................................1NT
TOTAL: 52NT

Below is the put together taco along with some quickly baked and grilled potato wedges.


At first when I tasted my sauce and marinade... I was quite skeptical of how all of it would taste together. But amazingly they work in a way I couldn't have imagined.

Since tortilla/taco shells are not something easily accessible in Taiwan I had to try to make my own. Except I got myself into a rather sticky situation and I didn't know what to do except to keep adding flour and kneading. Either I had too much flour or I over-kneaded my dough...my homemade multigrain tortillas turned out to be a bit harder than I wanted it. Got to look to Gordon as mentor again on making dough. It'll be better with experience I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment