Thursday, May 8, 2014

#14 Chili con carne



I've always loved the idea of chili since I absolutely adore tomato based sauce and baked beans... Mmmmm just the idea of leaves my mouth watering.

Grilled some leftover asparagus and carrots, threw together a quick mint corn salad...voila a delightful meal in minutes!

Loving the beautiful aroma coming out of my kitchen today :)


# 14 Chili con carne




Ingredients.
Minced Beef ......................32NT
1/2 Onion, garlic ................10NT
2 Tomatoes .......................13NT
Tomato paste ....................20NT
Kidney Beans ....................65NT
Vegetable stock
Chili powder, bay leaf, cinnamon, salt & pepper, italian spice
TOTAL: 150NT (for 4-5 meals)

My favorite way to eat Chili is obviously with rice, they just taste so damn good together. However, I decided to quickly make it into a "sloppy joe" for breakfast with corn salad. 


Still, I ended up with WAY more chili than I could handle, so I decided to feed both my roommate and one of my colleagues, great inexpensive way to give your friends a treat that they'll adore.



No comments:

Post a Comment