Monday, May 5, 2014

#12 Broccoli Soup

I wanted to experiment and learn how to make a tasty "western" soup in order to complete a "set menu" should I ever want to invite guests over or make a full blown 3-5 course meal for my family. Since I'm on a Ramsay craze, I thought I might as well make a Ramsay inspired soup. In Ramsay's original soup, he finishes it off with walnuts and goat cheese, which instantly makes the soup look ridiculous expensive. Where am I to buy big slices of goat cheese without spending a fortune? And the last time I checked, I did NOT enjoy goat milk or it's products. So I'm going to opt for a friendly choice and top it off with sauteed wild mushrooms and bacon.

#12 Broccoli Soup


Ingredients.
1 Broccoli .............................................13NT
Mushrooms ..........................................10NT
Bacon
Water
Salt & Pepper
Olive oil
TOTAL: 23NT

On the second thought, I'm going to try another variation since I have a piece of mozzarella and some walnuts, might as well experiment.



Doesn't it look beautiful? A dupe of Ramsay's gorgeous goat cheese serving.
The broccoli soup is absolutely delicious! It DOES taste like there's 20 different ingredients in it but in fact it's full on broccoli on broccoli. Never going to have trouble coming up with a western soup again! And surprisingly the cheese and walnuts blend in perfectly, although I've gotten good compliments for the mushroom and bacon combination as well. I think the broccoli soup base really invites many many different combinations and interpretations, well done Ramsay! Simple but delivered to perfection.


No comments:

Post a Comment