Saturday, May 10, 2014

Gordon Ramsay Chez Moi - Pour Ma Famille

In celebration of Mother's Day and my dear Daddy's birthday...
I successfully brought my dear family the Ramsay experience!
 



All the prep work and rushing around the kitchen really did pay off though, my family seemed to have a wonderful time, tasting dishes that are not traditionally served elsewhere in Taiwan.

Even my brother, thought everything was quite tasty, he being probably the hardest to please.





The menu for the night!

Pan-seared Scallops with Crunchy Apple Salad



A fairly simple salad with chopped romaine and apple shreds. The lemon vinaigrette gives it a very light and fresh flavor while the apple really brings everything to a higher level.


Cream of Broccoli Topped with Walnuts & Parmesan Cheese



Gordon's amazing cream of broccoli recipe, which always gets so many compliments. The soup itself is so flavorful one would think that it contains several ingredients giving it several layers of flavor. Topped with walnuts and cheese, it gives the entire soup a different texture and taste.


Pork Chops with Sweet and Sour Peppers



Best pork chops I've made! This is my third try at Ramsay's signature pork chops. The secret this time is having the help from my experienced mother to choose the cuts wisely. Again, the peppers are to die for, such a play on your taste buds that even my mother, who's seldom fazed by anything was quite amazed. I threw the entree together by adding some lemon garlic beans and rosemary rice.


Cinnamon Banana Icecream




Okay, so this wasn't one of Gordon's recipes. Originally I was going to end with yet again, his lemon basil granita, however, I thought about my brother for the dessert. Therefore, I quickly whipped together a fast homemade frozen dessert, adding just a little bit of peanut butter for a nice kick.


Being able to present this 4 course menu was really a test to my abilities, prep, cook, and eventually get it onto a plate! I had so much fun and I'm not going to lie pressure while creating this menu and ultimately presenting it on the table. Hooray to my first Gordon Ramsay Chez Moi. There will definitely be more to come ;)



1 comment:

  1. OMG! Amazing!! Everything looks fantastic. I love the menus. Wish I could have been there. haha You give me something to aspire to.

    ReplyDelete