Wednesday, April 16, 2014

#2 Fragrant fried rice

With my first go, I was hooked! The pork chops that I cooked the day before was an instant hit I couldn't wait to try another  dish from my mentor.

#2 Fragrant fried rice

So for a quick lunch, I cooked up another recipe from Ramsay. However, I put my own twist on it since this was a fried rice recipe... To me fried rice means anything goes. I see no reason to change some of it's ingredients to fit what I've already have in the cupboards. So I threw in some shrimps (for protein), water spinach and mushrooms.



 Ingredients.
1 chillis ..........................................................1NT
Piece of ginger ..............................................2NT
1 stock of spring onions ................................3NT
1/2 lime (zest + juice) ...................................4NT
sesame oil, fish sauce ....................................2NT
shrimp ........................................................30NT
mushrooms ................................................10NT
leftover rice ................................................10NT
Water spinach .............................................6NT
TOTAL: 66NT

The limes and spring onions really gives the standard Chinese fried rice an unique twist. Very enjoyable and versatile dish! Great for when you have a bunch of leftovers that aren't quite enough for a full  blown dish on it's own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment