Wednesday, April 16, 2014

#3 Chili beef lettuce wraps

Lately I've been enjoying cooking so much that I think I've become obsessed. I would spend hours and hours just thinking about my ingredients, visualizing my next meal before I even enter the kitchen to prep. I enter into my own culinary world and found it quite enjoyable to cook alone. Today, however, my roommate decided to join me on my next culinary adventure as we tackle yet another Ramsay recipe.

#3 Chili lettuce wraps
This beautiful show off centerpiece is surprisingly easy to make and ever so tasty, without knowing it you will keep reaching for more.



Ingredients
Minced beef .................................................25NT
Minced pork ................................................12NT
2 chillis ..........................................................2NT
Piece of ginger ..............................................2NT
1-3 garlic cloves ............................................1NT
1-2 stocks of spring onions ...........................5NT
1/2 lime (zest + juice) ...................................4NT
sesame oil, fish sauce, brown sugar ..............2NT
soy sauce ....................................................1NT
coriander ......................................................7NT
1 romaine lettuce ..........................................10NT
TOTAL: 71NT (portion for two)



Under Ramsay's guidance, I became my roommate mentor simply by reciting instructions. She gets credit for all the dicing and ultimately putting this entire dish together. The plate of minced meat looks stunning with all the beautiful specks of red, green, yellow... and oh so flavorful. The freshness of the lettuce really counters the bold flavors of the stir-fry. This is something that you can't help but reach for another serving. However, I really do need to brainstorm other dishes to serve with this wonderful centerpiece, more experimenting later!

It's time to take away another lesson from M. Ramsay! "Enjoy it", always always remember to have a little bit of fun along the way. Cooking with a friend, definitely makes it more adventurous ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment