Wednesday, April 23, 2014

#5. Pan-seared Scallops with Crunchy Apple Salad

#5 Pan-seared Scallops + Crunchy Apple Salad

This is almost a no-brainer! Anyone can easily recreate this dish, however, the combination of all these fresh ingredients, really goes together. I love how the apples brings so much crunch and flavor to the salad that you barely need any dressing at all. A very healthy simple well-rounded dish that can be served beautifully to impress.


Ingredients.
9 scallops ......................................90NT
1 apple .........................................10NT
1/2 romaine ..................................23NT
lemon juice, salt, pepper, olive oil ....5NT
TOTAL: 128 (for three) 

This has quickly became one of my favorite dishes, so easy, but incredibly tasty. It took me quite a few tries to get the scallops done they way I wanted. My biggest mistake at the beginning was not allowing it to defrost COMPLETELY. This, I realize is very important, giving your protein enough time to defrost naturally at room temperature. This is the only way to guarantee the best flavor and texture.

I am guilty of whipping out this salad several times as a side dish when I have company.

No comments:

Post a Comment